Good blood circulation is vital to your overall health and well-being. The 60,000 miles of blood vessels in your body supply the nutrients and oxygen your organs need to function properly. If you suffer from poor circulation, it can lead to a number of difficult-to-deal-with symptoms and health conditions, some of which can be life-threatening if left untreated. If you're on the search for poor circulation treatment in Denver, you've come to the right place.
Signs of poor circulation
Signs of poor circulation can vary greatly depending on the underlying cause. However, the most common signs and symptoms include:
- Tingling in your toes or fingers
- Stinging pain in your limbs
- Coldness in legs and feet
- Numbness in your limbs
- Swelling in your legs
- Discoloration (skin that turns blue, purple, red, or white)
- Slow wound healing
- Dry skin
- Brittle nails
What causes poor circulation?
It's important to keep in mind that poor circulation is often a symptom of a more serious underlying health condition. Therefore, you should always try to treat the underlying health issues rather than just the symptoms themselves. Common conditions that can lead to poor circulation include arterial issues, heart conditions, obesity, and diabetes.
Treatment for poor circulation
If you suffer from poor circulation, there are a number of treatments and lifestyle changes you can try to increase blood flow throughout your body. The top treatments for poor circulation include:
- BEMER Therapy - BEMER Therapy, or Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy-Regulation, is a treatment that uses a pulsed electromagnetic field, known as PEMF, to deliver signals that stimulate healthy muscles to improve local circulation.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, or HBOT for short, is an all-natural treatment option that involves breathing pure oxygen in a chamber that is pressurized at 3.1 times higher than normal. This helps your body deliver oxygen-rich blood at a level that's 400% deeper than our blood supply can normally penetrate. It also helps promote the production of new stem cells, which can be beneficial in healing damaged or diseased tissue.
- Infrared Sauna Therapy - Unlike traditional saunas that heat the air around you, Infrared Sauna Therapy uses light to raise your body's core temperature. In response to an increased core temperature, your blood vessels will dilate and your "cardiac output" will increase. In fact, research has found that your heart rate can rise to 110 - 150 bpm in an infrared sauna, which is comparable to moderate exercise.
- Exercise - Exercise really is one of nature's best medicines. Getting your heart rate up is one of the best ways to stimulate blood flow and help improve vasodilation. Yoga, walking, and jogging are all great ways to improve your body's ability to take in and use oxygen.
- Lifestyle Changes - Limit tobacco, try to stand instead of sit at work, eat more plants and less meat, limit salt consumption, keep your weight within a healthy range, and stay hydrated.
Learn more about poor circulation treatment in Denver
If you're suffering from poor circulation, reach out to us today at Functional Recovery & Enhancement. We offer a number of innovative treatments and modalities to help improve blood flow and increase circulation.