It’s estimated that the average American spends 90% of their time inside, according to the EPA. But natural light is critical to cellular function and overall human health. In today’s day and age, we’re exposed to more “blue light” from intense overhead lighting and screens than ever before, which disrupt circadian rhythms and lead to poor sleep quality. Denver red light therapy can help you incorporate more healthy light into your life.
What is red light therapy?
Red light therapy is a type of treatment that administers red and near-infrared wavelengths of light directly into your skin and cells. It’s an entirely non-invasive, quick, and easy treatment. Simply stand or sit in front of our red light therapy device and your cells absorb the light right up.
And similar to our other treatment modalities offered at FRE, we come to YOU!
What are the benefits of red light therapy?
Red light therapy offers a wide variety of benefits for just about every type of person. Whether you’re an elite athlete, someone striving to stay more active, a weekend warrior, or a busy mom, red light therapy can benefit you in the following ways.
- Improved cellular function - Red light therapy helps your cells produce more ATP energy, which is correlated with more physical energy, better digestion, and improved heart health
- Reduced inflammation - The therapy aids in the body’s anti-inflammatory response by increasing circulation and promoting faster cell regeneration
- Better sleep - Red light therapy helps your body maintain a regular and consistent circadian rhythm and aid in the production of sleep hormones such as melatonin
- Quicker workout recovery times - Light therapy is often used by athletes to aid in muscle repair and promote improved physical performance
- Wound healing - Red light therapy can be used to help wounds that won’t heal. By increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation, your body is better able to regenerate itself
- Better skin and hair health - By increasing cellular production and reducing oxidative stress, red light therapy can promote younger-looking skin and improved hair health
- Enhanced cognitive function - Near-infrared lightwaves that are administered during red light therapy penetrate brain cells, which can excite mitochondria to improve mental acuity and sharpness
Studies supporting red light therapy
In the world of health and wellness, there are constantly new health fads coming and going, many of which lack unbiased and sufficient research. Red light therapy is a research-backed treatment modality that has been shown time and time again to help alleviate many symptoms and conditions. Here are just a few of the many published studies on this therapy.
- A Controlled Trial to Determine the Efficacy of Red and Near-Infrared Light Treatment in Patient Satisfaction, Reduction of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Skin Roughness, and Intradermal Collagen Density Increase
- Low-Intensity Light Therapy: Exploring the Role of Redox Mechanisms
- Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation
- Red Light and the Sleep Quality and Endurance Performance of Chinese Female Basketball Players
- Significant Improvements in Cognitive Performance Post-Transcranial, Red/Near-Infrared Light-Emitting Diode Treatments in Chronic, Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: Open-Protocol Study
Learn more about Denver red light therapy
If you’re interested in learning more about Denver red light therapy, reach out to us today at Functional Recovery & Enhancement.